Thursday, August 29, 2013

Green Tea Extract Benefits Healthy Teeth by Preventing Cavities

Do you like going to the dentist and finding out you have cavities? Did you know one of green tea extract benefits was to prevent cavities? Just recently I learned of a study that shows that green tea does in fact help keep you out of the dentist chair.

I don't know very many people who like to frequent the dentist office any more than they have to. Don get me wrong; I have nothing personal against dentist. In fact the dentist I go to is a very likeable guy. It just the sound of those drills and all the poking at my teeth he has to do that I don look forward to.
So to find Green Tea extract benefits by actually making those visits less often, and will shorten the number of times I have to hear that drilling in my mouth, is a pleasant thought.

The decay of teeth is caused by cariogenic bacteria, which produces glucan from the foods we eat, especially sugar. This glucan adheres to the tooth enamel as a hard plague. Acids are then produced that dissolve the enamel and a cavity is formed. Green tea catechin can suppresses the process of the cariogenic bacteria in producing the glucan and it can also destroy the cariogenic bacteria, because green tea is antibacterial.

Another benefit of green tea extract where teeth are concerned is it contains natural fluorine. Fluorine prevents cavities and strengthens the teeth. So if staying away from the dentist drill sounds good to you go ahead and drink all the green tea you want.

The only side effect I find from researching green tea is the fact that it contains caffeine, and if are like me and can tolerate much caffeine that is a problem. Even though the caffeine content is less than coffee or black tea, I still cannot consume very much green tea. So I have found a nutritional supplement that includes decaffeinated green tea extract in it, so I don have to miss out on the green tea extract benefits.

Reference: Why not buy one Chinese Green Tea form Chineseteaart.com? There are many Chinese Green Tea for you to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment